MS4008 Numerical Solution of PDE
- Updated 3-Sep-2021
MS4008 SULIS site:
- In addition to this website (which is the main module site), most updates and a lot of files (not publicly available), will be published at SULIS. In particular, ALL Lecture Notes + recrordings will be available at the SULIS site only (see the RESOURCES and PANOPTO sections).
(I recommend that you revise/learn MatLab basics on Weeks 1-2 using these links and/or other MatLab resources available on the internet.)
- An Introduction to Matlab by David F. Griffiths, University of Dundee.
- Yet Another Guide TO Matlab by Matt Dunham and Kevin Murphy, University of British Columbia.
- Final exam papers : 2019 , 2018 , 2017 , 2016 , 2015 , 2014 , 2013 , 2012 , 2011 , 2010 , 2009 , 2008 , 2007 , 2006 , 2005 (pdf-files).
- List of problems for Question 1 (pdf-file).
- Morton, K.W. and Mayers, D.F. (1994) Numerical solution of partial differential equations: an introduction, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Grossmann, C., Roos, H.-G. and Stynes, M. (2007) Numerical Treatment of Partial Differential Equations, Berlin: Springer-Verlag.
- Smith, G.D. (1985) Numerical solution of partial differential equations, Oxford: Clarendon.
- Mitchell, A.R. and Griffiths, D.F. (1980) The finite difference method in partial differential equations, Chichester: Wiley.
- Mitchell, A.R. and Wait R. (1977) The finite element method in partial differential equations, London: Wiley.
- Becker, E.B., Carey, G.F. and Oden, J.D. (1981) Finite elements - an introduction, Vol. I, London: Prentice-Hall.
- Johnson, C. (1987) Numerical solution of partial differential equations by the finite element method, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.